No matter if I am cutting or bulking, I have this cheesecake every single day for breakfast, adding some milk kefir, skyr or fruits depending on the needs. Isn’t that awesome? If it fits my macros (I am 160cm petite), it should also fit in yours 😉
Stefan and I developed this super easy recipe for me to eat on the go in the train while I am commuting and leaving home at 5:30 a.m. We bake it during our meal prep, cut it in slices and freeze whatever we do not plan to consume within 4-5 days.
This one is a fast one to prepare and also suitable for people who do not like to bake. It’s a “mothership” recipe too, which you can vary depending on your taste. Do not forget to adjust the macros if you make any changes. Some examples:
- Roast the nuts for more taste and crunch
- Add matcha or soluble coffee to kickstart the morning
- Add berries or other fruits if you like it fresh and fruity
- Instead of nuts use roasted and ground poppy seeds
- Experiment with all kinds of spices: cardamom, allspice, vanilla, tonka bean, ginger…
- Use different nuts or even nut butter
- Add some cocoa or, if your macros allow, chocolate drops or dried fruits
- You can also make a savory version without sweetener and for example chicken, dried tomatoes, oregano and olives
- … (let us now, what you tried)
Here is the recipe, have fun!
For a 24cm diameter form – makes 8 servings:
Beat the eggs well with the salt, add everything else and mix properly. Pour the cake in a form lined up with parchment paper and bake it in the preheated oven at 180 °C for approximately an hour or until slightly golden. Wait until it cools down before taking it out from the form (I know it’s hard) and enjoy!